Wednesday, August 5, 2009

4. Crows conversing.

I'm not sure if you know this, but around sunrise every day the crows living in any given area gathers. I don't know why, or what they talk about. When you spot them during daytime, they're usually one or two, but not at the gathering. It's called a murder.

A few years ago, on my way home from a long night of Playstation-worship - GTA being the gospel of choice - I came across one of these gatherings. I heard weird noises first, cawing I suppose, before all went silent, and I saw them. There were tall trees on both sides of the street, and their spring-naked branches were filled with crows.

All staring at me.

As I walked past them, their eyes, occasionally glinting in the street-lights, followed me. And when I looked back, before rounding a corner, they were still staring in my direction. I can still dig up the creepy feeling of hundreds of crow-stares between my shoulder-blades, any time. Like now. And I'm pretty sure I interrupted something important that morning... So, if crows suddenly take over the world, I won't be the least surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment